November 18, 2015 (Washington, DC) - Personal.com today released a new Personal Cloud that enables teams to jointly manage, share and collaborate on frequently-needed data and information for business and personal use, such as booking travel, managing company passwords and account info, employee onboarding, sharing info with office and home visitors, and family, home, vehicle and health information management. This represents a dramatically different approach to how people create and collaborate on data that is essential to their business and lives.
Today, the data and information people rely on professionally and personally are scattered in silos like spreadsheets, password managers, cloud storage providers, databases, paper and even sticky notes. This makes them difficult to find and keep updated, and results in the data being passed around with little regard for security and efficiency.
Built on a platform designed specifically for privacy and security, the Personal Cloud enables users and teams to have a single, accessible hub for frequently used data, saving countless hours and hassle while enabling powerful new data-driven experiences.
"While some data is only needed by a single user, the reality is the vast majority of the data we use at work and home is needed by more than one person at some point in time,” said Shane Green, co-founder and CEO of Personal. “The new Personal Cloud is the ultimate life hack. It reimagines how people use and collaborate on data, in turn driving work and life productivity in ways not previously possible. The Personal Cloud makes that possible while maintaining utmost security and privacy."
Example uses include:
• Booking Travel - Users can assemble groups of frequently needed and shared data for business and personal travel that includes frequent flier details, passports, hotel and car rental preferences and other booking information, which then can be securely shared with the office travel planner or family members with strict permissions.
• Managing Company Passwords and Account Info - Teams can group specific sets of data tailored to each employee, including for new hire onboarding, such as Wi-Fi and account passwords and other key office information, application account access numbers and insurance details—all of which can be easily shared and synced for automatic updates and revoked when those employees no longer need them.
• Products and Devices - Individuals can manage and sync key information about vehicles, electronics, valuables and everything else that they and others need to access and use.
• Family, Account and Health Information Management - Family members can group personal and account information such as social security numbers, health details, contact information and more.
• Caregivers & Visitors - Users can provide view-only access to repetitive but essential information for babysitters, pet sitters, office visitors, house guests, short term renters, and contractors – and revoke that access when no longer needed.
• Estate, End-of-Life and Disaster Planning - Users can organize and share key records such as financial accounts, life insurance policies and wills, doctor and emergency contacts and utility and other service account information.
Personal.com is a venture-backed startup that originally captured the market’s attention with its Personal Data Vault – a secure, cloud-based application for individuals to manage over 1,200 different types of personal and company information.
The new Personal Cloud capabilities include: the ability for most data to be collectively used and updated by anyone with permission; a new “bundling” technology for organizing dozens or even hundreds of related fields of data to solve specific work and home problems; a view-only mode for sharing data; bank-level security, and cutting-edge standards for privacy and trust. For more, see https://www.personal.com/security/.
The Personal Cloud is free for teams of any size to use and collaborate. Users can sign up at personal.com.
Personal is revolutionizing the way people, teams and businesses co-manage and collaborate on the essential data that powers the office and home. Built on Personal’s award-winning privacy- and security-by-design platform, the Personal Cloud and apps dramatically boost productivity, reduce wasted time and hassle, and unlock entirely new data-driven experiences with user-permissioned data.